Approx. $71-$74 amazon.com
You love them so much that you can’t leave them at home. I, too have had my heart strings pulled so hard that my cat travelled with me across Canada to visit my family. (Once by car and once by plane) Here are a few tips for when your furry loved ones travel with you.
1. Make sure the carrier is the correct width and height for your pet’s comfort and safety. Your pet should be able to stand up in it comfortably. Bring your pet’s measurements to the store and they will help you find the right one.
2. Book your pet’s flight in advance as they get sold out fast due to limited space.
3. Have the proper paper work and updated shots from vet if travelling across the border.
4. Put their favourite toy and blanket in the carrier so they smell a bit of home. I also added a honeysuckle toy (wooden part of plant) for my cat that I got at the veterinarian’s.
5. If you have a really nervous pet your vet can recommend a light sedative in pill form to give your pet before the flight.
6. If travelling by car long distance be ready for a designated litter box area. Even if you get the smallest litter box you can find your cat will love you for it.
7. Always bring lots of water, appropriate amount of food and maybe a few treats for distraction.
8. Have a small pet? Then don’t forget the little doggie sweaters and coats. We all need to be ready for the weather when traveling.
9. If your pet is a home body and loves his routine then don’t feel guilty for leaving them behind while you travel. They do eventually forgive you for leaving them.
10. Most importantly whenever you do travel with your best friend on four legs have fun exploring new and old places together.
Approx. $31 – $35 amazon.com
Approx. $33.00 Petsmart
Approx. $125.00 amazon.ca